Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche Cups - Easy Meal Prep Recipe
Goodbye summer, hello school year! Now that my kids are back in school (with a drop-off time of 7:15am!), everyone in the house needs quick and easy breakfast options (ahem... that are healthy. As you can imagine, my kids don't know what Pop-Tarts are). Enter > MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFASTS. Whether (or not) you have to deal with kids, work, school or would just rather not spend those wee morning hours cooking, this recipe is for you!
I often double batch this recipe, then freeze half for later. The muffin cups will last about 6 days in your refrigerator, but they never last that long in my house!
This recipe happens to be:
These quiche cups also contain brain-health supporting fats, and disease-fighting phytochemicals of the cruciferous family of vegetables thanks to the broccoli! They will also help you manage your weight by not spiking your blood-sugar. Woohoo!
There are so many ways to serve and eat these Quiche Cups. Try these different options:
1. with tomatoes and avocado (as pictured).
2. smashed into a high-fiber tortilla with hot sauce
3. with a side of beans (yay for fiber!)
4. smashed into a whole wheat English muffin with a tomato slice, fresh greens and deli mustard
5. with a side of berries (hello, heathy carbs and fiber!)
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
1 cup shredded Gruyere, Swiss, cheddar cheese or combo (low-sodium if needed)
4 pastured eggs
1/2 cup unsweet almond, flax or dairy milk
2 cups chopped broccoli/veggie
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground dry mustard
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, or sub 1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/4 cup chopped green onion, whites and greens
1. Line or grease your muffin pan and pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). I'm partial to parchment (Papermate brand is THE BEST!) or silicone liners (I use this set for baking and this set for lunch box dividers/snack cups). The pic below is from my Fluffy Vegan Cornbread recipe (before they were baked). Affiliate links included because nothing is more annoying than spending money on something that doesn't work, right! I've vetted the countless options so you don't have to. :)